The OpenDS project has representation on various social networks.
You can join the OpenDS community group on LinkedIn.
And if you haven’t done it yet, you can also join the OpenDS group on Facebook.
Or you can join the OpenDS Community group on Plaxo
Other opensource projects such as OpenSSO and GlassFish have similar groups on these social networks.
That’s all for now 🙂
Technorati Tags: glassfish, java, ldap, opends, opensource, opensso, socialnetwork
We have just uploaded OpenDS 1.0.0-build015, built from revision 4221 of our source tree, to our promoted builds folder. The direct link to download the core server is: https://opends.dev.java.net/files/documents/4926/95911/OpenDS-1.0.0-build015.zip
The direct link to download the DSML gateway is: https://opends.dev.java.net/files/documents/4926/95912/OpenDS-1.0.0-build015-DSML.war
We have also updated the archive that may be used to install OpenDS via Java Web Start. You may launch that using the URL http://www.opends.org/install/QuickSetup.jnlp, or visit https://www.opends.org/wiki/page/OverviewOfTheQuickSetupTool for more information.
This build provides support for monitoring through SNMP with the following limitation: the use of SMNP on Windows is not supported due to Issue #3239 (Wrong status "Enabled" for SNMP despite opendmk-jarfile not being provided).
Detailed information about this build is available at http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.0.0-build015
Major changes incorporated since OpenDS 1.0.0-build014 include :
- Revision 4096 (Issue #3108) — Added a "task completed" message after a restore.
- Revision 4099 (Issue #3111) — Fixed some tools (ldif-diff, ldifmodify) to correctly use java_args in the config/java.properties file.
- Revision 4100 (Issue #3118) — When in non-verbose mode or in GUI mode, setup displays how many entries have been added, rejected, and skipped during initial import.
- Revision 4105 (Issue #3120) — Fixed status and status-panel when more than one LDAP connection handler is configured.
- Revision 4111 (Issue #3123) — Added a "clocks-not-in-sync" message as a possible installation or replication error when server certificate expiration errors occur.
- Revision 4117 (Issue #3121) — Fixed the behavior of the reversion option for the upgrade tool.
- Revision 4118 (Issue #2270) — Fixed the –excludeOperational option when used as a task.
- Revision 4129 (Issue #3126) — Fixed the setup tool to detect the JAVA_HOME environment in a path that contains spaces.
- Revision 4130 (Issue #3129) — Fixed the –j/–bindPasswordFile option for task-based utilities (stop-ds, export-ldif, import-ldif, etc.) to not prompt for input.
- Revision 4131 (Issue #3110) — Fixed the default tools in the config/java.properties file.
- Revision 4138 (Issue #3132) — Updated the uninstall log file to record if the user has aborted or quit the installation.
- Revision 4142 (Issue #3130) — Fixed ldifsearch to be consistent with ldapsearch. Now uses –searchScope, instead of –scope.
- Revision 4143 (Issue #3131) — Fixed the webinstaller for Windows upgrades.
- Revision 4155 (Issue #3173) — Fixed the localized values "true/false" for a subcommand for manage-account.
- Revision 4156 (Issue #3139) — Improved the performance of ds-replication when used with multiple backends.
- Revision 4171 (Issue #3180) — Updated setup to detect the Java version. The minimum Java version required is 1.5.0_08.
- Revision 4180 (Issues #2979 and #2980) — Added index buffering capabilities to the JE backend to avoid using a fixed lock timeout for subtree delete and mod DN operations.
- Revision 4185 (Issue #2852) — Fixed an issue that caused potential deadlocks when the server was under heavy add/modify load.
- Revision 4186 (Issue #3147) — Provided localized versions of messages.
- Revision 4190 (Issues #3141, 3143, and 3146) — Various improvements to the SNMP implementation.
- Revision 4204 (Issue #3213) — Resolved potential deadlocks in the JE backend when performing modify operations.
- Revision 4207 (Issue #3184) — Fixed an issue where the restore command exited with status 0 despite failure due to a corrupt backup archive.
- Revision 4208 (Issue #902) — The ldapcompare command now requires at least one DN.
- Revision 4209 (Issues #3214, 3215, 3216, 3217, and 3219) — Various improvements to the SNMP monitoring implementation.
- Revision 4210 (Issue #3161) — Various performance improvements to the import utility.
- Revision 4211 (Issue #3208) — Fixed an issue where deleteing the last few entries indexed by a VLV index could cause a NPE.
- Revision 4212 (Issue #3220) — Fixed a null pointer exception raised by the uninstallcommand.
- Revision 4213 (Issue #3221) — Fixed an issue in which the uninstall command returned 0 but failed if the LDAP connection was rejected.
- Revision 4216 (Issue #3185) — Fixed an issue in which running the restore command with the –dry-run option did actually manipulate the backend.
- Revision 4217 (Issue #3224) — Fixed an issue in which the uninstall process raised an execption if the specified keystore did not exist.
- Revision 4221 (Issue #3218) — When applying schema modifications, the upgrade mechanism now adds attribute definitions before objectclass definitions.