I’m very pleased to announce the first full release of our Open source Directory services for the Java platform : OpenDJ 2.4.0.
Based on open source and open standards, OpenDJ is a new LDAPv3 compliant directory service, providing a high performance, highly available and secure store for the identities managed by enterprises. Its easy installation process, combined with the power of the Java platform makes of OpenDJ the simplest and fastest directory server to deploy and manage.
Choosing OpenDJ as an enterprise directory service has the following benefits :
- Lower the cost of ownership : Delivers more performance while consuming less resources (disks, memory and CPUs). Simplifies the administrative tasks by automating them.
- Platform independence : Runs on any platform that supports Java 6, including virtualized environments.
- High Availability : Supports deployment of multiple servers in a multi-master replication topology, providing failover and disaster recovery.
- Secure data store : Supports different levels of authentication and authorization. Protects passwords through encryption and extensive policies.
- Monitoring and Alerts : Can be monitored by 3rd party applications using SNMP and JMX. Supports custom alerts to inform of specific events in the service.
- Interoperability : Supports all LDAPv3 standard specifications, most of LDAPv3 standard and experimental extensions as well as some vendor specific extensions, easing integration with applications.
After a little bit over 2 months of beta testing, OpenDJ is now ready for use into production. And with this release, the OpenDJ project delivers the features announced on OpenDS roadmap and plans to continue the development of the project in a true open and collaborative way.
OpenDJ 2.4.0 can be downloaded from our downloads page, or installed through Java WebStart by just clicking here. You can find more details about it in the Release Notes.
And send us your feedback, on the OpenDJ mailing list (subscribe here) or on #opendj IRC channel.
Just in time for Christmas!
Good work Ludo!
Fantastic – thanks Ludo!