The OpenDS development team is very pleased to announce the immediate availability of OpenDS 1.2.0-RC2 which is the second and probably last release candidate for OpenDS 1.2.0. The main goal of the OpenDS 1.2.0 version is to be integrated in the coming release of OpenSolaris.
The purpose of the Release Candidate is to solicit one last round of testing before the final release.
So please test the OpenDS release with your client applications, in your environment or on your favorite platform.
If you do find a bug, please report it with Issue Tracker.
OpenDS 1.2.0-RC2 is built from revision 4920 of the b1.2 branch of our source tree.
The direct link to download the core server is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.2.0-RC2/OpenDS-1.2.0-RC2.zip
The direct link to download the DSML gateway is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.2.0-RC2/OpenDS-1.2.0-RC2-DSML.war
We have also updated the archive that may be used to install OpenDS via Java Web Start. You may launch that using the URL http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.2.0-RC2/install/QuickSetup.jnlp, or visit https://www.opends.org/wiki/page/OverviewOfTheQuickSetupTool for more information.
Detailed information about this build is available at http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.2.0-RC2.
Major changes incorporated since OpenDS 1.2.0-RC1 include:
- Revision 4771 (Issue #3668) – Fix a problem that prevented the Control Panel from correctly displaying a connection handler’s listen addresses.
- Revision 4785 – Fix broken unit tests when attempting to port OpenDS to IBM JVM.
- Revision 4793 (Issue #3676) – Fix an issue in ldapmodify when processing the ;binary option.
- Revision 4806 (Issue #3694) – Fix an error that prevented the ASN.1 package from correctly BER encoding/decoding negative integers.
- Revision 4813 (Issue #3685) – Fix a Swing repainting problem in the control panel.
- Revision 4821 (Issue #3699) – Fix an issue that prevented OpenDS from sending the password Expired Control during a bind operation, if the password had been reset.
- Revision 4828 (Issue #3417) – Allow the import-ldif command to load VLV indexes.
- Revision 4834 (Issue #3710) – Fix a Control Panel error that occurred when creating a new base DN with automatically generated data.
- Revision 4836 (Issue #3705) – Fix a Control Panel problem with the “Save” button in the “Manage Entries” panel.
- Revision 4837 (Issue #3704) – Include the LDIF Connection Handler in the list of connection handlers displayed by the status command.
- Revision 4838 (Issue #3709) – In the Control Panel, change the value of the “Backup Path” field to the instance path rather than the installation path in the Backup/Restore panels.
- Revision 4839 (Issue #3672) – Make it possible to remotely debug the server.
- Revision 4852 (Issue #3511) – Allow password encoding using the schemes 3DES, BLOWFISH, AES, and RC4.
- Revision 4854 (Issue #3579) – Fix an issue that caused the import-ldif countRejects option not to work as expected.
- Revision 4865 (Issue #3683) – Fix an issue with replication conflict resolution for the DELETE operations for entries that have children entries.
- Revision 4866 (Issue #3716) – Fix an issue where start-ds.bat was using the wrong environment variable for passing arguments.
- Revision 4869 (Issue #3707) – Check the validity of all parameters passed to the unconfigure script before starting the unconfiguration.
- Revision 4875 (Issue #3718) – Fix an issue that caused the -A, –typesOnly option to be ignored by the ldapsearch command.
- Revision 4879 (Issue #3723) – Fix an issue that caused the ACI SSF bind rule “!=” operator not to work as expected.
- Revision 4883 (Issue #3725) – Fx an issue with HTML tags incorrectly displayed in the output of the status command.
- Revision 4904 (Issue #3735) – Fix an issue where OpenDS failed to start if the build number contained a version qualifier.
- Revision 4913 (Issue #3750) – Fix an issue in which forcing a password change after an administration reset caused unexpected behavior.
- Revision 4919 (Issue #3621) -Fix an issue that caused the import-ldif, backup and other commands to use the wrong default port.
- Revision 4920 (Issue #3751) – Fix a problem that caused dsreplication initialize-all to fail.