OpenDS 1.2.0 is a minor release of the OpenDS project but contains several new features and many enhancements.
You can find on OpenDS 1.2 documentation site a detailed Summary of Features, Enhancements and Fixes since the OpenDS 1.0 release, but here are some highlights:
- A graphical control panel that enables basic server and data administration is available and replaces the OpenDS 1.0 status-panel
- An administration connector manages all administration related traffic to the server. By separating user operations and administration operations, the administration connector ensure a better quality of service and simplify logging and monitotring
- Connections can be secured and encrypted with SASL mechanisms
- Access Control mechanism has been enhanced to control access based on the level of security of the connection
- The ;binary transfert option is now supported
- Standard schema files related to Solaris and OpenSolaris LDAP naming services are provided by default
- Setup and tools provide an enhanced support for the JCEKS keystore and alternate security providers
OpenDS 1.2.0 will be available in OpenSolaris IPS package repository shortly, with an extensive support of SMF and RBAC.
The documentation for OpenDS 1.2.0 is located on https://docs.opends.org/1.2/
For the more information about OpenDS 1.2.0 please check the release notes.
And don’t forget to Join the OpenDS project and its mailing lists for more information and more interaction with its community