The OpenDS development team is very pleased to announce the immediate availability of OpenDS 2.2.0-RC1 which is the first release candidate for OpenDS 2.2.
OpenDS 2.2 offers the following new features from OpenDS 2.0 :
- Scalable import and indexing
- External changelog compliant with the Internet-Draft "Definition of an Object Class to Hold LDAP Change Records", draft-good-ldap-changelog-04.txt
- Fractional replication
- Extensible matching rules for time base attributes
- Support for custom syntaxes based on substitution, regular expressions or enumeration
- Remote server management in control panel
- Recurrent tasks in control Panel
- Default automatic Backup in the control panel
- Separation of LDAP Servers and Replication Servers for replication
- Ability to merge disjoint replication topologies
- Dsconfig script friendly mode
We’ve also captured a first snapshot of the OpenDS 2.2 documentation and hosted it on it’s own wiki: https://docs.opends.org/2.2/. The documentation is not complete yet, but will be almost at the same time we will do the final release of OpenDS 2.2.
The purpose of the Release Candidate is to solicit one last round of testing before the final release. So please test the OpenDS release with your client applications, in your environment or on your favorite platform.
If you do find a bug, please report it with Issue Tracker.
We welcome feedback. Please report you experience with OpenDS on our mailing lists, or on #opends IRC channel on Freenode.
OpenDS 2.2.0-RC1 is built from revision 5941 of our source tree.
The direct link to download the core server is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/2.2.0-RC1/OpenDS-2.2.0-RC1.zip
The direct link to download the DSML gateway is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/2.2.0-RC1/OpenDS-2.2.0-RC1-DSML.war
We have also updated the archive that may be used to install OpenDS via Java Web Start. You may launch that using the URL http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/2.2.0-RC1/install/QuickSetup.jnlp, or visit https://www.opends.org/wiki/page/OverviewOfTheQuickSetupTool for more information.
Detailed information about this build is available at http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/2.2.0-RC1, including the detailed change log
Major changes incorporated since OpenDS 2.1.0-build002 include:
- Revisions 5870, 5888 (Issue #4181) – Resolves a Null pointer exception in DSML Gateway with specific substring search filters
- Revision 5871 (Issue #4217) – Fixes an issue with ACI containing parenthesis in the description field
- Revision 5874 – Improves the rebuild-index processing for performances
- Revision 5880 (Issue #4252) – Fixes a replication issue between OpenDS 2.1/2.2 and OpenDS 2.0
- Revision 5883 (Issue #4203) – Fixes an issue where restore -l (list the available backups) would exit with return code 1
- Revision 5926 (Issue #4257) – Fixes an error raised when deleting recurrent tasks
Technorati Tags: directory-server, java, ldap, opends, opensource, performance, quality, replication
You might also want to mention the first snapshot of the wiki docs that Lana posted at https://docs.opends.org/2.2/ .