We have just uploaded OpenDS 1.3.0-build004, built from revision 5184 of our source tree, to our promoted builds folder.
Note that this is a jump from OpenDS 1.3.0-build002 to OpenDS 1.3.0-build004. OpenDS 1.3.0-build003 was done with specific compilation to enable the MySQL Cluster NDB Backend, but not promoted with the regular builds.
The direct link to download the core server is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.3.0-build004/OpenDS-1.3.0-build004.zip
The direct link to download the DSML gateway is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.3.0-build004/OpenDS-1.3.0-build004-DSML.war
We have also updated the archive that may be used to install OpenDS via Java Web Start. You may launch that using the URL http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.3.0-build004/install/QuickSetup.jnlp, or visit https://www.opends.org/wiki/page/OverviewOfTheQuickSetupTool for more information.
Upgrade from 1.0 or 1.2 is still broken, but upgrade from 1.3.0-build002 should work. However, a Flag Day was raised with revision 5134 which requires a rebuild of all indexes, or even better export the database to LDIF and re-import it.
Compared to 1.2.0, OpenDS 1.3.0-build004 contains the following new features and major improvements :
- Assured Replication that provides stronger consistency and availability for replicated data
- Supports Recurring Tasks allowing an administrator to schedule repeated tasks such as backups
- Improves defaults settings and ergonomics for some server properties
- Now builds VLV indexes during Import
- A new internal ASN.1 encoding / decoding library that delivers better and more stable performances
- Improves the Control Panel in various area
- Now works well / better with IBM JVM
- Full compliance with RFC 4518. Now DirectoryString matching fully supports UTF-8 characters
- Supports languages specific matching rules for DirectoryStrings, for comparing and ordering, as well as support for indexing according to those rules
- Provides better monitoring information for Replication
- Full support for negotiating encryption through SASL and stacking encryption channels with TLS
- Many performance improvements in the Core server and in Replication
Detailed information about this build is available at http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.3.0-build004.
Major changes that have been incorporated since the last promoted build (OpenDS 1.3.0-build002) include:
- Revision 5124 (Issue #3626) – Replace occurrences of grep, cat, etc. with built-in shell commands.
- Revision 5125 (Issue #3896) – Fix an issue that prevented users from creating a sub-suffix with the Control Panel.
- Revision 5126 (Issue #3826) – Fix an exception in the Control Panel that occurred if a node existed as a non-suffix node.
- Revision 5129 (Issues # 3295 & 3899) – Fix an SNMP exception at startup and a resource issue on Windows platforms.
- Revision 5130 (Issue #3297) – Fix a problem that caused localised answers to be rejected by certain commands.
- Revision 5131 (Issue #3528) – Check that the start time entered for scheduled tasks has not already passed.
- Revision 5132 – Remove keytool dependencie by using the keystore API, integrate Andy Wang’s IBM JVM/JDK changes, provide a Platform class to put platform and JDK version-specific code in a single location, provide APIs for core matching rules.
- Revision 5133 (Issue #2616) – Fix an ldapsearch error when parsing command-line arguments.
- Revision 5134 (Issue #3880) – Provide support for unicode characters in core matching rules.
- Revision 5135 – Create a flag day for changes in revision 5134.
- Revision 5136 (Issue #3555) – Refresh the DIT view in the Manage Entries menu of the Control Panel.
- Revision 5138 (Issue #3582) – Fix a problem that caused reverts to fail with the error “no valid existing backup locations”.
- Revision 5139 (Issue #3451) – Use a specific error message with ldapcompare if a specified file cannot be read.
- Revision 5141 (Issue #3894) – Fix a potential data corruption issue when writing binary attributes/blobs.
- Revision 5143 (Issue #3903) – Fix a problem that caused the “Start Server when the Upgrade has Completed” option to fail when upgrading using QuickSetup.
- Revision 5145 (Issue #3455) – Correct an error that occurred when deleting a VLV index.
- Revision 5147 (Issue #2793) – Ensure that incremental backups work as expected when an empty directory is specified.
- Revision 5148 – Provide localized resource files.
- Revision 5149 (Issue #3893) – Correct a problem that caused dsreplication enable between an OpenDS 1.2 server and an OpenDS 1.3 server to fail.
- Revision 5150 & 5153 (Issue #3629) – Remove duplicate dsconfig error messages.
- Revision 5151 (Issue #3793) – Provide the ability to create extensible indexes using dsconfig.
- Revision 5152 (Issue #3910) – Ensure that Base64 encoding works with UTF-8 characters.
- Revision 5155 (Issue #3908) – Fix a problems with ChangeNumber generators.
- Revision 5156 (Issue #3892) – Make ACI evaluation optional when returning entries and references to clients.
- Revision 5157 (Issue #3900) – Fix an error that occurred when importing / adding LDIF due to trailing spaces.
- Revision 5158 (Issue #3505) – Fix a confusing ACI targetscope message.
- Revision 5159 (Issue #2667) – Fix a problem that occurred when configuring VLV indexes with dsconfig.
- Revision 5160 (Issue #3312) – Change aci and ds-cfg-global-aci equality matching rules to octetStringMatch instead of CaseIgnoreIA5EqualityMatchingRule.
- Revision 5161 (Issue #2624) – Ensure that ldapsearch returns the correct return code when no password is provided.
- Revision 5167 (Issue #3828) – Prevent a connection to the server from being tied up while waiting for the user to enter a password.
- Revision 5168 (Issue #3321) – Fix an error raised during index creation and delete with dsconfig.
- Revision 5169 (Issue #3270) – Ensure that ldappasswordmodify takes into account the password history count.
- Revision 5171 (Issue #3251) – Fix the LDIFReader rejectLastEntry, which printed an incorrect entry.
- Revision 5172 (Issue #2963) – Fix a problem that caused dsreplication status to display an incorrect value for missing changes.
- Revision 5173 (Issue #3907) – Provide a pkg(5) delivery.
- Revision 5174 (Issue #3904) – Complete the replication referral URL configuration regular expression implementation.
- Revision 5175 (Issue #3748) – Ensure that all admin tools use 4444 as the default admin port.
- Revision 5176 (Issue #3856) – Fix a problem that caused LDAPS connections to be logged as LDAP connections in the access log.
- Revision 5177 (Issue #3673) – Ensure that the server checks for port availability on Windows.
- Revision 5178 (Issue #3528) – Ensure that scheduled tasks check that the start time has not passed.
- Revision 5179 (Issue #2965) – Add the missing-changes to cn=monitor for replication servers.
- Revision 5180 & 5181 (Issue #3119) – Prevent a null pointer exception that occurred when disabling the referential integrity plugin.
- Revision 5184 (Issue #3914) – Fix a problem that prevented the server state from being updated.