A new FREE webinar from the Sun Software Identity series, has been announced and will be on the subject of directory services. Starting at 10:00 am PDT / 1:00 pm EDT / 18:00 GMT on Wednesday May 20th, 2009, the webinar will cover how to reduce cost and improve the speed and performance of your enterprise using directory services.
This webinar will be lead by Nick Wooler, product line manager for Sun directory products: OpenDS and Sun Directory Server Enterprise Edition. Be sure to sign up and reserve your seat now.
Technorati Tags: directory-proxy-server, directory-server, enterprise, ldap, opends, productivity
We have just uploaded OpenDS 1.3.0-build006, built from revision 5309 of our source tree, to our promoted builds folder.
Note that now that this build has been promoted, we’ve made a branch on the OpenDS code repository to produce the OpenDS 2.0 release. The next promoted build will be a release candidate.
The direct link to download the core server is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.3.0-build006/OpenDS-1.3.0-build006.zip
The direct link to download the DSML gateway is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.3.0-build006/OpenDS-1.3.0-build006-DSML.war
We have also updated the archive that may be used to install OpenDS via Java Web Start. You may launch that using the URL http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.3.0-build006/install/QuickSetup.jnlp, or visit https://www.opends.org/wiki/page/OverviewOfTheQuickSetupTool for more information.
There are still issues with upgrading with the QuickSetup tool and reverting to build earlier than revision 5134 is not supported.
Detailed information about this build is available at http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/1.3.0-build006.
Major changes that have been incorporated since the last promoted build (OpenDS 1.3.0-build004) include:
- Revision 5185 (Issue #3609) – Added the ability to deregister delayed listeners on a configuration entry.
- Revision 5187 (Issue #3194) – Ensure that ldapcompare checks for superfluous arguments.
- Revision 5193 (Issue #3915) – Ensure that abandon operations do not block request handlers.
- Revision 5195 – Addition of localized resource files with new translations.
- Revision 5196 – (Issue #3686) – Fix an issue that prevented make-ldif from parsing redirects to file based attributes.
- Revision 5197 (Issue #2764) – Fix a problem with the ldapsearch –countEntries option.
- Revision 5199 (Issue #3779) – Fix an issue that caused a merge with real attribute to show only the virtual attribute value.
- Revision 5201 (Issue #2070) – Add validation of the DB cache size before applying it to the JE.
- Revision 5208 (Issue #2642) – Fix a problem that prevented ldif-diff from detecting differences in encoded values.
- Revision 5209 (Issue #3814) – Fix a problem that caused the start-ds script to return before the server had started.
- Revision 5210 (Issue #3913) – Fix a problem that caused OpenDS to stop accepting connections after being ping by specific Load Balancers.
- Revision 5214 – Add support for numSubordinates in NDB Backend
- Revision 5218 (Issue #3001) – Fix a performance bottleneck in GeneralizedTimeSyntax.format.
- Revision 5219 (Issue #3445) – Provide normalization of multi-valued RDNs.
- Revision 5223 (Issue #3925) – Fix a problem with dsreplication.
- Revision 5224 (Issues #2273 & #3482) – Add more stringent pattern checks to make sure that only files that could have been named by the TimeStampNaming policy are accepted by the filename filter.
- Revision 5226 (Issue #3638) – Ensure that referrals are properly managed for bind operations.
- Revision 5230 (Issue #2896) – The server should return a "Protocol Error" after a bind with an unrecognised version number.
- Revision 5233 (Issue #2671) – Fix a problem that caused invalid values to be accepted for VLV index configuration.
- Revision 5234 (Issue #3827) – Ensure that the import-ldif command takes into account the –skipfile option.
- Revision 5235 (Issue #3926) – Ensure that import-ldif creates inherited objectclass attributes.
- Revision 5236 (Issue #3343) – Fix a problem with virtual attribute rules.
- Revision 5237 (Issue #3918) – Restore the behavior where an empty controls context-specific BER sequence is not encoded if the LDAP message has no controls.
- Revision 5238 (Issue #2608) – Fix a problem that caused stop-ds to fail when the connection with the smtp-server failed.
- Revision 5241 (Issues #3842 & #3770) – Validate recurring task day against the actual maximum of a given calendar instance.
- Revision 5243 (Issue #3773) – Remove recurring task iterations completely upon recurring task removal.
- Revision 5244 (Issue #2233) – Log a notice when a task starts and ends execution.
- Revision 5247 (Issue #3336) – Take the appropriate action for failed dependencies for scheduled tasks.
- Revision 5249 (Issue #2725) – Prevent completed tasks from causing exceptions if the task class is disallowed after it has completed.
- Revision 5254 (Issue #3179) – Fix a thread left in the system after shutdown.
- Revision 5256 – Use the platform mbean server by default to allow access to the server monitoring data from VisualVM and similar monitoring tools.
- Revision 5257 & 5259 (Issues #3387 & #3388) – Fix issues with attribute name exceptions.
- Revision 5260 – Improve the monitoring code in the case of a server being slow to answer.
- Revision 5261 (Issue #2977) – Fix an exception that occurred during Replication Server database trimming.
- Revision 5264 (Issue #3602) – Change the masks for user-defined and 3rd-party messages so that messages no longer have the top-bit set.
- Revision 5265 (Issue #3047) – For export-ldif, change the default access rights of the exported file from 644 to 600.
- Revision 5266 (Issue #2624) – Correct an issue that caused ldapsearch to return the wrong return code if no password was provided.
- Revision 5268 – Various improvements to the task scheduler.
- Revision 5272 – Avoid ConcurrentModificationException when removing completed task iterations.
- Revision 5273 (Issue #3928) – Fix a problem that caused the wrong error message to be sent to the access log.
- Revision 5276 (Issue #3939) – Improve memory allocation when sending search result entries.
- Revision 5281 (Issue #3943) – Make the installation path across consistent across tools.
- Revision 5283 (Issue #3949) – Unknown trailing ASN.1 elements are now ignored when decoding the Password Modify extended operation value.
- Revision 5285 (Issue #3951) – Fix an issue that was causing the Control Panel to use the admin port for ldap operations.
- Revision 5286 (Issue #3948) – Correct the display of monitoring information in the Control Panel.
- Revision 5287 (Issue #3931) – Fix a problem with virtual attributes generating data multiple times.
- Revisions 5288 & 5289 (Issues #3944 & #3945) – Fix licensing issues with the upgrade utility.
- Revision 5290 (Issue #3952) – FIx a problem with log files on Windows.
- Revision 5292 (Issue #3444) – Fix a problem where only a single name form was allowed per structural object class.
- Revision 5297 (Issue #3964) – Improve JE backend cleaner scalability.
- Revision 5299 (Issue #3949) – Fix an issue in the ASN.1 parsing code to support LDAP implied extensibility.
- Revision 5300 (Issue #3965) – Revert is not supported from 2.0 to a previous version. This change introduces the corresponding flag day.
- Revision 5301 (Issue #3958) – Support upgrading from a standard OpenDS server to a branded OpenDS server of the same version.
- Revision 5302 (Issue #3968) – Fix a problem that caused dsconfig –displayCommand to provide invalid values.
- Revisions 5305 & 5306 (Issue #3964) – Enable high priority check-pointer by default for more robust out of the box performance.
Technorati Tags: directory-server, java, ldap, opends, opensource, Sun